NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!

See "Background" for why and how I endangered my sanity in the extreme sport of dating and find out if I'll be brave/crazy enough to try it again

Monday, October 18, 2010

How Not To Adorn Your Dating Profile

Fear not, faithful readers.  For I have continued to show that the possibility of psychopathic taxidermists will not deter me from providing a few laughs for those who take the time to read my blog (plus I hope to actually meet a guy that I dig and who is not crazy...at least not in a dangerous type way).  I joined a new and untested, at least not by me, dating website this evening.  Its far too soon to tell but there seems to be scads of potentials and some of them actually seemed intriguing.

There was one that made me want to update an older post on choosing what to put on one's profile on such a website.  Back oh so many moons ago (perhaps June or July) I wrote about some of the more unusual things I've seen on profiles.  For example, one guy had a picture of himself with crazy eyes and hair, standing next to a guy with some teeth missing.  The main guy was holding a paper sack that had the look of something that perhaps held a human head or something equally nefarious in it.  In another picture, a guy posed with his wife on a motorcycle.  They were both looking to add to his collection of wives. 

On this new site, which of course promises to help match you up with dates that fit to your personality and the character traits you desire in a date, there was a picture of a man standing in front of a row of teddy bears.  That's right.  Most significantly, this was his only profile picture.  I was left with many questions.  Were these his teddy bears?  Does he live with his mother or an aunt and they had a display of their teddy bears that they thought he would make a good backdrop for his picture?  He didn't have any kids so they couldn't belong to them.  Why would he think this would be a good look?  Was it to show off a softer side?  Did other women actually find this appealing?  Do women do this in their profile pictures too? 

All these questions made my head hurt so I finished sorting through the rest of the initial group of potential dates and decided to call it a night.  I still have one remaining old match from the previous site I was on and its a cautionary tale worth sharing so that will probably be my next post.  For now I'll just go snuggle up with my teddy bears and assorted other stuffed animals and dream of a date who does not scare me into hermiting myself away in the Twilight saga books.

**for the older post on what to put/not put in a profile, see "Is a Picture Still Worth 1,000 Words If Taken with a Cell Phone Camera?" http://extremedatingdiary.blogspot.com/2010/07/is-picture-still-worth-1000-words-if.html

No comments:

Post a Comment