NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!

See "Background" for why and how I endangered my sanity in the extreme sport of dating and find out if I'll be brave/crazy enough to try it again

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Background - Updated!

For those of you new to the blog you're probably wondering why it's called "Extreme Dating Diary" when it seems like I never post anything about dating. Well, if you take a look at my earlier posts you'll see why I'm on yet another self-imposed dating detox period. But I still love to write and still keep having very bizarre experiences so this has become less an "Extreme Dating Diary" and more the "Diary of a Crazy Singleton." 

I'm still a single 30-something woman (gasp! yes there are some of us left and they do let us roam wild), living in Baltimore and I have tried a variety of dating sites and schemes. Left to my own devices, I typically choose the underwhelming. Rather than Prince Charming I find myself leaning to Earl Mediocre or even the Duke of Douchebaggery.

So for a fairly long time I tried what seemed like every dating site and service known to man (except Sea Captain Date and the Ayn Rand dating site...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by both but I'm mighty afeared). And along the way there were mad crazy hijinx, some fairly normal decent guys, and way too many slightly scary men. 

It's not that I've given up dating entirely. In fact I am toying of joining a few Meet Up groups or at least looking at all the emails they send out about potential group outings. In the meantime though, I'm nearly finished the process of writing a book about living the single life, dating dilemmas, and how to survive and even enjoy functions without a plus one. Anyways, come take a stroll thru the weirdness that is my life. I promise you this: it is rarely dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment